Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sanctity of Life Sunday




'For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.'
 -Psalm 139:13-15


'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart;'
-Jeremiah 1:5a


 'But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,
 it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck
 and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.'
-Matthew 18:6


'Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
    in the heavens.
 Through the praise of children and infants
    you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
    to silence the foe and the avenger.

When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?

 You have made them a little lower than the angels
    and crowned them with glory and honor.
 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their feet:
 all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
 the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas.

 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!'
 -Psalm 8



Have a blessed Lord's Day!

Photobucket

13 comments:

J said...

God bless you for promoting this today!

Eileen H said...

Life is so precious.

Debbie Jones said...

Amen and amen! Life is a gift from God.

Terri D said...

Amen, Judy. I truly believe that our nation started falling apart after abortion was legalized. Respect for life has almost disappeared. Bless you for posting this and promoting the sanctity of life. We need to be heard!

Ruth Kelly said...

I think that our country started falling apart as soon as they took God out of our schools.

RURAL said...

Good reminders for all of us.

Jen

Down Blueberry Lane said...

Great post!! Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we are being punished with abortion, not for abortion, as the moral climate was changed/corrupted long before abortion was made "safe, legal and rare"?

Unknown said...

Your post reminds us to thank God every day for all life-have a blessed day.

Donna said...

Amen!

Chatty Crone said...

Your family is beautiful.
Amen.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Because all life matters....

Denise said...

Life is beyond precious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails